Saturday, April 30, 2011

Children are Barometers

Kids seem to be little 'truth barometers' --  really knowing when adults are speaking from their heart.

Every time I open my mouth and something comes out that isn't "truth" speaking, I can see my son's response -- his body language, his gaze, his eyes, his energy -- and in this response, the message/vibration it is reflected straight back at me.  Like a sonar, those shades and tones, make very apparent any untruth embedded in my message.

This reflection that he offers enables me to observe myself -- to check-in with my heart and make adjustments to my vibe/message so it's cleaner and truer.  I thank him every day for this as it fully supports me in my evolution and understanding of what my truth is.

Something really fascinating is that my son has been asking me to read him the bible and spiritual books lately.  He is fascinated with spirituality and spiritual figures and wants to devote quite a chunk of time to this every day (again - wonderful for me to learn this discipline from him).  

What is powerful about this is how exploring spirituality together has provided me with much deeper insight regarding discernment when it comes to the information I am receiving from outside sources.  Normally, I read a spiritual book and take it in, not always doing a full check-in with my inner knowing as to whether it is really resonating with me fully through and through.  When I read it to my son, it amps up my inner barometer to a much higher level.  The level of resonance is truly palpable as I glance over the words and before it even leaves my lips, and I often "translate" sections to what feels truest and highest, or skip it all together and find another section or book that feels higher. 

He responds with such amazement and has the most jaw-dropping revelations/understandings/conclusions to share when it has its highest resonance with me.  We end up in amazing conversations together because of the frequency of these truths vibrating through us. 

It's wonderful to have our little barometers.  What amazing gifts to cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment